The process of making an object or structure waterproof or water-resistant is called Waterproofing which makes the object or structure relatively water-resistant. It is the most critical method used in the construction industry. Waterproofing increases the durability of the structure and different surface in construction. One of the leading waterproofing machine dealers in Noida, Alpha Marketing provides waterproofing machines at affordable rates.
Waterproofing is essential as it prevents water to penetrate into any structure like a house or an office, shop, etc. water infiltration leads to the worst kinds of damages like building failures. Water leakage can also be a threat to insect infestation. Waterproofing helps reduce humidity and keeps the house dry.
- Advantages of waterproofing
- Waterproofing systems can be installed indoors as well as outdoors. DIY (Do it yourself) options help you save money.
- Increases the veracity of the building or structure and thereby aids in value appreciation.
- Prevents undesirable liquid penetration due to external forces such as hydrostatic pressure and capillary action.
- Prevents any damages due to seepage especially walls etc.
- Prevents moisture from seeping into the walls.
- Avoids bacteria growth.
- Prevents metal from rusting and wooden furniture decay.
- Balconies, warehouses, basements are waterproofed as they are presumed to be in constant contact with water.
Why do buildings need waterproofing?
All modern buildings are made waterproof by using membranes and coatings to protect the solidity of the structure. Sometimes surfaces are prepared by using surface preparation equipment. Surface preparation equipment dealers in Delhi provide the best quality of waterproofing materials at an economical price. The durability of the structure depends on various types of insulation methods are used in waterproofing techniques.
Awareness among contractors and stakeholders about waterproofing is essential especially in villages and rural areas. Updated waterproofing solutions can be made available to both rural and urban areas.
- Classification of waterproofing based on different areas
- Rural Areas
Rural areas are uniform and monotonous. They are less exploited in terms of the use of different kinds of materials. Problems may occur pertaining to the specific construction styles. Natural calamities of the region like droughts, floods may also be the cause of concern. Typically, rural area constructions use natural and locally available materials. the workmanship is basic and at the grass-root level and does not offer any unique solutions to such problems.
- Urban areas
Developed areas have various corners, surfaces, and cloisters. Frequent climate changes, excessive pollution due to vehicles and industries, lack of open and green spaces largely affect the process of waterproofing in urban areas
How waterproofing is applied in construction.
Cracks are developed in structures sometimes allowing passage of water like rainwater. Waterproof slabs are made as they provide a leak-proof environment. This requires a roof slope for water to drain quickly and sealing all cracks and joints. The waterproofing membrane is a thin membrane that is laid over the surface. Multiple layers form a structure around the building to prevent excessive heat from escaping outside this structure making it a sustainable property or a green building measure. Waterproofing machine dealers in Delhi provide a different range of machines at affordable prices.
Reasons for insulating buildings againstwater:
- Natural factors
- Unexpected fire accidents
- Strong wind
- Big earthquakes
- Non-natural factors
- Collapse of buildings
- Structural failure in buildings
- Other anti-social actions
- Damage caused by theft
- Water – rain, and humidity
Types of waterproofing areas
- Terrace or roofs
- Water tanks
- Swimming pools
There are mainly five types of waterproofing methods:
· Cement Based Waterproofing Method
· Liquid Waterproofing Membrane Method
· Bituminous Coating Waterproofing Method
· Bitumen Membrane Waterproofing Method
· Polyurethane Liquid Membrane Waterproofing Method
What is the difference between WATER RESISTANT AND WATER PROOF MATERIAL?
Water-resistant and waterproof material refers to the prevention of water from entering a structure or surface. Though both serve the same purpose they are way different from each other.
Water RESISTANT PRODUCTS can withstand WET WEATHER but cannot WITHSTAND BEING SUBMERGED IN WATER;
WATERPROOF PRODUCTS CAN WITHSTAND WET WEATHER and submergence in water.
The purpose of waterproofing is to prevent as much water as possible from entering the building and to provide outlets and drainage so that if water does seep inside, it is not allowed to accumulate. Alpha Marketing, one of the most prompt and dedicated services dealers is known to be the best surface preparation equipment dealers in Noida.